#SPARC MetaPink Program
Run for a Cure Africa aims to reduce the stress and confusion of a metastatic breast cancer diagnosis for patients in Nigeria. With 75% of all breast cancer diagnosis being at stage 3 and 4, these patients do not have the time or strength to deal with disjointed access to treatment, and the frustration of not understanding the next steps in the treatment journey. Through the MetaPink programme, we wish to address these challenges while empowering patients to play a vital role in their overall quality of life. We will accomplish this by:
- Providing education, access to alternative resources and emotional support. We will provide information about metastatic breast cancer to patients and their families.
- Organising support group meetings and provide them with access to medical professionals and cancer experts who can answer their questions.
- In addition, we will walk patients through their entire treatment plan and provide meaningful information on what to anticipate, as well as self-help skills.
- Consistently communicate with health care providers and patients to ensure an informed and seamless process for understanding and accessing care, and we plan to build a database of networks to provide alternative resources for care and support.
- Following up with patients regularly, and collect relevant data on all participants entering the MetaPink programme.
- To learn more about how you can get involved with our program call 0817 000 1235.